Sunday, June 12, 2022

Sunday Blustery calm

And another one. Bloody blustery easterly(ish) wind still howling across our house.  This time, same as yesterday(ish) up the usual, Vic Park Drive, 19th, Skidder, Grunter, Brakefreedom, then this time around worm and across to top, diving into the Thompsons, both, and down through the Kiwi and up the Summit Road.  Worsley's to Nun, greasy as a greasy thing on the way up to where I stopped for a nice long rest at the top.  Surprisingly calm once on the leeward side of the hill.

Dropped into the Nun, finding a) the rocks a tad slippery in places, and b) that I'm not sure I like this trail anymore.  It's rough as hell, unpredictable and not as fun as it used to be.  There are several blown-out corners which are tantamount to off-camber, and a couple of the older lines have completely disappeared due to the muppetry of the lowest common denomination.  Also, on the corner towards the CAP some trees have gone and all character lost.  I peeled out at the halfway (road) point and headed across the road.  

Dropped into Governor's, nice and calm over here too, though being in the shade the trail was very greasy, so I picked my way down relatively carefully, and especially so on the bit I crashed on a while back (a year and a half ago!).  Across the level was all good then the climb was very clean and open but I didn't have the power or balance to clean much of it.  Onto the road and dropped into a drain (only metres from the 'proper' track) to access lower Nun.  CAP's closed so no groms hanging around, popped out at Kiwi and across the Pass and up the Summit Rd to top of Vic.

Down around, over the yumpies and see-saw, peeling right like yesterday climbing up to top of the steep tracks.  Over the fence and into Upper Fenceline, getting down this nicely, and as I rounded the far corner a young guy suddenly appeared behind me - musta been chasing for a bit I had no idea.  I let him by and followed him down.  He stopped before Cool Runnings but I continued around across and dropped over into Razza's for a last bit of fun.  Unctious climb out of here and across to lower gums and down, leaping chain again and down and up for cruise down road into 235, nice blaze down here, even better jumps and then up to dogparkcarpark and down the back of the houses home.

Not as steeply as yesterday, 12.4 kms with 481 m climbed

No comments: