Sunday, May 14, 2023

Sunday Arvo Flow

Nice wee ride out on my lonesome. Up the usual ups, 19th, skidder, gruntsville, to the top of Vic, down around the two jumpies, then back up Worm to the Traverse across, beautiful sunny day out ahead.  Stopped for a wee break at the top of Fourpause/HuntsDH, then dived on in.  Nicely nicely, but a couple of massive hits made me wonder if my back tire was gonna pinch or something.  Wove my way down to the 4wd, meeting 3 dudes on 'normal' bikes having just climbed up.  The pace they were making made me initially think they were on ebikes, but nope.  Down to and finding my way onto Ali Express, zig and zag, very under-used - no real sign anyone's been on it for a long time.  Back onto the usual bylines dropping down.  Another massive thwack rear end, pinch?  no, phew - but something was definitely up.  Air Pressure, I now think.  Otherwise a nice flowy cruisey blitz down Old Skool.  Speed, and flow, coast, hang back, rest, dive in, rail, flow, break, rail, flow, rinse and repeat.  Eventually out the bottom, and back up into the climb.  

Grind grind grind.  Pushed up from Hospital, then rode and cleaned around to Texaco, then took a new route for me, over to the right, onto the walking track.  Walked, and then decided to ride a bit, enough flatish bits that it's not a bad climb.  Spotted/connected where we used to ride down here, further over than I thought, and eventually made my way to the Eastside Bush 4wd track, meandered up, walking some, that to Skidder.  Over 19th again, relaxing coast down road, and into 235 for some super flowy hero dirt, avoiding jump to muck, acorns, climb to dogpark and final blast down behind the houses, rear suspension in need of work.  

A pretty good 11.6 kms, and 490 m climbed

No comments: