Thursday, June 15, 2023

Unexpected Thursday Short'n'Sharp

Wasn't sure I'd be able to ride due to my cold of previous week, but found myself feeling okay, at home with no responsibilities, so I headed out for a short one.  Up from home through the usual 19th Skidder and up the groveller.  Up through to top of Thomsons, nice blast down this and then the second one.  Turned back up the road to top of Vic and dropped down through the jumps, and lined up the see-saw but felt my balance wobbly and luckily stopped juuuust soon enough to not fall off it.  Pushed back up and lined up again and rode onto it but balance wobble nearly had me toppling off to the right and I rushed through it and landed heavily.  Ugh.  Up along the fenceline to the top of Pedalfine.  Dropped down through, greasy a bit, and bailed to the left below where we used to always bail to the left.  Across the wee slippery bridge and out onto the wide track, sidling across nearly to the end and dropping down to hit the top of Razza's.  Awesome wee drop down through this, then straight into the climbing again, grovel grovel back to the Skidder.  From here, over 19th way and then looking for the droppy path we did with the gheybois all those years ago.  I found it eventually and down through the super steep planted kanuka etc and this resulted in a bit of a prang, leaving a garked elbow and a tweaky wrist... Perfect storm of the kanuka and some roots, kanuka grabbing my handlebars at exactly the same time as my rear wheel slid on roots and I toppled smackdown onto the Latter's Spur track.  Straightened up the bars and headed along this, through past the playground dropping down to Dog park and into the Dogparkcarpark trail, greasy, taking the first left down the newly re-established and extended line, which is tight and slow, but kinda cool - out onto Harry Ell.  Down this and to the right out to Vic Park Rd then home.

6.5 km with 230 m climbed

No comments: