Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday Rail Reynold's Bossu Trail

Ride with a couple workmates today. Parked up at Kaituna Quarry and honked it around to Okuti Valley. These boys were fast, young, and on light weight xc machines, and I was working hard on the Stooge. We hit the Reynold's climb and I was almost instantly dropped, plodding my way up that massive climb. Found them at the top but still there was the forgotten extra climb to deal to. We stuck together on this. Then it was down time. I set off then Mike powered past. My gear wasn't tall enough so I couldn't spin to catch up. One level then regroup at Te Oka top, then climb. They dropped me again and then I cramped. Even had to walk a bit so they got a massive gap on me. I slowly wound in Callum, finally coasted, tucked, past him and we met Mike at the bottom. 

Across the gravel and onto the road to trail trail again to return. More cramping... 

45 kms and 980 m (😮) climbed

No comments: