Monday, May 10, 2021

Sunday Short Local E-ride

Hugo and me got out again.  Cruised up through Vic Park, and up to the skidder site, then into the grunter.  My 1st gear wasn't quite up to it, and I was losing traction with my road tires too, so I ended up walking half of the steep.  H tho, he made it.  He really got the technique down well.  His 1st gear is still pretty high (due to the 42t that came with his conversion) but he managed it.  Well done him!  I managed the top half once over the steepest, and reckon with good technique I might make it with another try.  Up through Brakefree, which has come along quite sculpturally, with the dude working on it while we passed.  Then up through to the top and onto the Summit Rd, we toodled along to the Sugar Loaf Carpark and checked out the view, then down we went.  I didn't want to take the Momentum down the slippy gravel, so I bombed off down to the kiwi and down Dyers Pass Rd.  I ignored the red light and got on the other side of the cones and rode down, waiting at one digger for the cars to pass, then a free run out the bottom and right into Vic Park Drive, where I met Hugo waiting for me 19th.  Short bomb home from here.

7.7 kms with 235 m assisted climbed

No comments: