Thursday, May 27, 2021

Thursday Night Greenwood Britt Pleasant Greenwood

Good loop tonight under a very big moon (being one night post- super blood moon).  Nelsie and me met at Evans Pass, very dark but not windy here.  Decided to ride up Greenwood, which proved to be quite good.  I was huffing and chuffing to start with but Nelson kept the velocity down and we crawled away, him cleaning all stuff, while I cleaned most.  Had some weird balance issues up around that drop, then lost it just before the steepest rocky bit before gloomy and had to walk that section cos I just couldn't get going.  Rest of the climb was mint, and at the ruins we headed out the old entrance, going well across there.  

Then it was up the road to Britten, and I led around the 'long way' round the front, through the cattlestop and onto the road at the cutting.  Up over the fence, gasping, and then up, climbing away up Mt Pleasant, into fog/scudding cloud at the top, which cleared when we got there.  Moon was bright above the whole time, at times glimpsing like someone's headlight on the hill above us - before you realised it was just the moon. 

Into the descent.  Moisture was sticking to a few rocks, and the tussocks all had some dampness so it was a little bit rock pingy slick at times, but mostly good.  All the way down I was really trying to focus on swapping out my dominant leg (left leg back is the norm and causing me my gyp), so on the less tech stuff I was focussing on right leg back.  I reckon by the bottom I was getting a lot more happy with it.  Good bomb down, nothing too sketchy.  A couple of riders were near the ruins when we arrived but they headed down the trail towards Richmond Hill pines, and we contemplated at that point doing a quick lap of those two trails, but decided on just heading straight down.  Anyway, good blast.  

Not a bad wee 10 kms and a smidge under 400 m climbed.

No comments: