Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Tuesday Night Pre-Meet Heat

Parked up Parkridge and beat my way up Britten.  Hard going to start with, I was really wheezy and struggling for air.  Also, it was hot.  Grass was very very dry.  Sheep all seemed surprised when I rode past them.  Headed around the top front, and then along towards the cutting, across the Summit Rd and over the fence for the climb up Mt Pleasant.  Getting into better form up here except for a few silly dabs on rocky corners.  Sat at the top of next to the Trig and watched a cruise ship depart the inner harbour.

Back on the bike and into the down.  Good run down, flowing nicely through the rocky sections then weaving well through the tussocky turns.  Dropped down the 4wd farmtrack to the Greenwood Entrance and rode up this towards the road.  Took me a second to see the 'new' lower track (above the road) that heads for the Richmond Hill pines, but once on it I tucked and wove my way down to the corner, then continued around the rest of it, climbing above Jollies Bush and up the zigs and zags towards Greenwood.

Into Greenwood, rocky bony bastard, but good flow and float, taking some of the top corners faster than the last few times.  Getting a bit tired across Gloomy, so took a short rest, before hitting the droppy down, pump and float, drop off the drop-off, and around into Dave's territory, heaps of speed, back and forth, around and pumping into the valley around for the final descending to the rocky up and out the bottom.  Excellent.

Onto the road, not long after 6.30, got my pace on and plodded away, puffing pretty hard.  Caught up to a couple of (I thought, older) guys, and one of them I knew from Hockey last year.  So, rode and chatted to them.  Their pace was just that little bit slower than mine so I got my breath back and had them puffing hard...  Rode and chatted all the way up the road to top of Mt Pleasant, where they took the road down and I hit Britten for an excellent blast down and across and down through the pylon steeps, back to the car dead on 7

16.6 kms and 580m climbed.  Not bad for a quick solo.

No comments: