Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sunday Foggy Pleasant Fatness and a Couple of Par Klaps with O

Parked on Stonyridge and rode the fatty on up the hill. Fog was roaring thru and so I just toodled on upwards, and when I thought I was only about half way up suddenly there's someone on the road above me and I was genuinely surprised to find myself at the top.  U-turned and took the trail around the front and along the original Britten to the cutting, across the road, over the fence (where i took the pic) and on up the singletrack Pleasant climb.

Into the down and lots of honking of damp brake disks, which soon settled out, pinging down the rocky section, finding the smoothest line, and bombing, weaving down through the tussocks.  Around above the ruins and into the single-track across towards the Richmond Pines.  Found excellent flow through here, thinking, "man this is good" and then around a tight left hander, slightly overcooked front wheel over some tussocks on the outside, and straight into a hole, which pitched me over the bars unceremoniously dumping me onto the grass.  Ouch!  - first time for ages.  Had to sit down for a quick breather and re-collection of self.  Then got riding again, flowing the rest of the way around to the pines and up the singletrack climb to the old Greenwood entrance, and up the road to the top of Britten.  Here, I rang Steve.

They were nearly at the top of Mt Pleasant so I scooted up Broadleaf to meet them - Pete, Andy, Wayne, Robin and Steve, all waiting for me at the top, still in the clouds.  We all rode together down with them to the ruins then Steve and me took my earlier route around the singletrack while the others headed down Greenwood and the Captain.  Steve and I cruised around to the Richmond Pines meeting a big group here, and then up to the Greenwood entrance.  Up the road and into Britten, for a well earned bomb down the trail, cloud thinning a little.  Steve was parked on Upper Major Hornbrook, so he peeled off at the first pylon and I continued my merry way across and down past the second, back to my car.

Just under 14kms, with 460something metres climbed.

Drove through to Lyttelton, lovely sunny day every where else in the city, and picked up O from Tane's.  Then we went home, got his CAP pass, dropped off the Fatty, and headed for the park where we met Tra'y, Nik, H and Jake.  They'd brought O's bike.  Some lunch, then O and me buddied up the lift (me on his ticket) and did a couple laps.  First lap, Yeah Yeah Gnar, Possum and into the Jandal.  Good jumpies, and speed.

Second uplift, took Summit Connector across, dropped into lower gnarly nun, and nun, then Choir Boy bombing to Captain Cooker and Loess Rider as fast as possible.  Both of us were a bit stuffed by this point, and I was starting to get sore from my OTB earlier, so we bailed, figuring on giving up on his 1 uplift left on account that we got 2 freebies for me...

No comments: