Friday, November 26, 2021

Friday Morning, More Steep Tech

An annual leave surplus had me take the day off so ducked out for a short local. Up the usual grind of Vic Park, clamber clamber, using Worm across then back to top, down the Thomsons both, nicely nicely, then across the Dyer's and up Summit for Worsleys-top.  In the shade on the Nun climb I stopped and adjusted my seat, slid it forward and tilted it slightly more, thereby giving me much better climbing capabilities.  At the top the entrance to the Gnarly Nun looked pretty good, so I figured why not...  Metres in and I discovered nuh uh, not good, overgrown as hell, barely able to see the dirt (and therefore rocks and drops...).  A very nerve wracking descent ensued, with me cleaning everything, but awkwardly.  Finally out the bottom into the blasting fast lower Nun, bombing down and out, back across the Pass and up the road, good pace, feeling fine.  

Top of Vic, dropped down around over the jumpies, and see-saw, then back up the trail to top of Pedalfine for another go.  Dropped down this, cleaning nicely, and went to enter the one bit I missed a couple times but just couldn't bring myself to it, so detoured around and down the next section, bailing out at the climbing track, back up the steeps and over Skidder into all the singletrack.  From 19th, below the road and dropped into that new drop, down to Harry Ell where a very grumpy looking walker gave me evils for the 10 m of that track I passed him on, then climbing again, up around and back on the road.  Fanging into 235 for a good bomb, good jumps lower down, and then all the way down and out the bottom, carrying up onto the Vic Park Rd again and home.

Doubled the distance and height from yesterday, 10.7 kms, with 407 m climbed

No comments: