Saturday, May 04, 2024

Saturday Cooper's hob Knob

Took the Troll for a hoon up through Vic Park (not that much of a hoon, tbh) then Thompson's #1 and down to Kiwi, then up around the Summit Road, climbing and cruising, eventually getting close to where I thought I was going, to undertake another notch in the Summit Rd Summits series. Got off the road a little too soon, so, back to it, then rode a bit further along to a low saddle and pushed up a walk track for a ways before riding a bit then parking the bike and clambering  up the rocks to the top. Highest point on the greater Port Hills at 573m.  Quite the view...



Walked back to the bike and rode sweet smooth singletrack back down to the road (the way I'd come) and then treadled my way home again, for some fun stuff in Vic (surprising some DH boys, I think, as I headed over the rock garden into the Gums.  Down via 234 out to H'Ell exit and down to home.. 

23kms bombed, with quite a good 727 m climbed

No comments: