Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Tuesday Night Solo Brit Pleasant Green and a little Goddling

Parked up on Parkridge in a gale, donning jacket for a start, and rode up through the bathtub entrance to Britten, climbing at my own pace, and getting pushed around a bit by the wind.  Mild as by the time I got to the top, so jacket off, and off around the front, tail wind pushing me across to the cattlestop and cutting crossing.  Over the fence, little bit of a rest, and onwards upwards.  This paddock has been munched.  Gone is all the long grass, and even the native broom and tussocks has been hammered, making for a much easier view in the dark to climb by.  Around and up, into the wind then tail wind then into the wind again, and over and up the gravel through the gate to the top.  Bit of a rest here and time for the down.

Dropped in, having one of the smoothest flows from gate to stile I think I've ever had.  Over the stile, and the smoothness continued, albeit battling the wind a bit slowing the lower tussock reaches.  Good blitz across tho losing my momentum as I approached the fenceline, transition through to above the ruins, losing my way briefly before meeting the Greenwood-proper.  Into the descent, flying over the first rocks and around, really on my game, even cleaning all the dodgy rocks in Gloomy Gulch.  Brief pause along here, then dropping in for a flowy bomb down swooping through to the drop and around into Dave's Land.  That mucky corner from last time has had a tidy up, better drainage, and was dry, and I had a good flow on down from there too.  Best run in ages.  Into the valley, and final stretch, bomb, jump, bomb, and around into the rocky up.  Not cleaned but further up it than any recent rides, dab through, and on again, flow bomb to the end.

Across Evans and along the road, more climb and way further than I'm sure it is meant to be.  One car passed, and finally into the climb up to Godley.  Grovel and sore, granny or second, lay down for a nice rest and stretch at the top.  Into the across and down, smooth through all the rocks and flying on the down.  Another of my best runs for a long time.  Took the walk-track end drop to the end.  Then across Evans again and into the road climb.  Ugh.  Long, drawn out, and I was starting to get a bit sore.  Climb climb climb, not seeing a car until I was just about at Jollies Bush.  At Jollies I decided to head up into the tracks here.  Walking the steps, but riding most of the trails, climbed up to the stile and over, then up to the singletrack and heading for the pines.  Then around and up the sheepshit alley track to the OG start of Greenwood.  Onto the road for the last climb and into Britten.

Descend descend descend, fun times blatting through and around, straight down and then across.  Phone call.  Home "I'll be half an hour".  Riding again, and awesome bomb down the rocky finalities below the pylon, over the fence, and back to the car.

18 kms and 661 m climbed. Bonza

No comments: