Sunday, December 18, 2022

Rainday Sunless Troll

Excellence was had.  Getting on into the evening and no ride had been possible all day due to rain rain rain.  So, as somewhat of a test of the mudguard system I've experimentally set up on the Troll I headed up the hill.  Great to get breathing, standing and cranking my way up the hill.  Took the new zigzag from the top of the dog park, then the wheelchair route over the Info Centre knob and down the zig at the back, then up road to H.Ell Track, riding up this, naughtily, but thankfully not meeting anyone, all the way to the top.


Up the road and into the first Thompson, amazingly cleaning this the whole climb, greasy roots and slick tires no problem.  Then up the ramp and cleaning this too!  Into the second Thomson, climbing again, stopping to rest once, but cleaning the rest of it.  At the top of it I hung a left and followed the 4wd track down, over the gate and then down the main drag  at a hell of a speed into the Skidder.  Then just down the road from here, meeting my first other people/car just before I peeled into the driveway.

Not that big, but fun and wet, 6.4 kms with 214 m climbed.

No comments: