Sunday, January 26, 2020

Sunday Short Snake Stuff

Quick wee ride with Gogo today. Parked my car at Breeze Col and we went for a ride.  Meanwhile, T was walking with Vanessa from Taylors, so her car was on the road above the bach there, and we both had keys for both.

Go and me started in above the road, climbing onto the skinny sidle.  Once around the ridge, overlooking the heads, we spotted T and V (and Jet) below.  I rang her and waved, then we bombed down to the Godley carpark, and waited for them.  I took Jet for a big drink from the tap at the loos, and the girls headed on along the bike track towards the car.  Jet chased them, and we overtook them and continued on.

At Breeze Col we headed up the road, I gave H a push, and then we dropped into the new Anaconda entrance, swooping and flying on down.  He was good, got pretty sore hands, but I think he enjoyed it.  In the tail he struggled a little on the rocks, and then he crashed on the very last corner below the big elder tree.  No harm done and we headed up the road (he walked most and I rode with his bike next to me), to the car.  We collected O from the bach where he was gardening and took the Hyundai home.

A massive (not) 6.3 kms, and 200 m climbed, (but with 330 odd metres descended).

No comments: