Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Tuesday Afternoon End of Holidaze Halswell that Ends Well

Up and down a few times in Halswell.

A couple of girls in the carpark getting ready to ride and leaving before me that I proceeded to encounter multiple times throughout the ride.  Caught them up top of the dog park and I dropped straight into Download, then climbed up C2,  Dropped into Murph's, quite enjoying the flowy descent.  Around and into Upper Crust, a much better climb in my mind than C2.

At the top of this I caught up to the girls again, and headed up the Croc ahead of them, spotting them dropping behind me as I climbed.  Straight into the Low Rd, then through the gate and a drop over through Siberia (new lines...).  Stopped at the Kennedy's gate for a bit to wait for a runner to pass so I could have a much needed leak.  Then back up the 4wd track, to the gate, whereupon the girls were coming up Low Rd.

I dropped into descending trail.  I like how all the tracks are one-way now.  Makes for a better 'less conflict' ride.  Into the Croc proper, swoopy swoopy, and then into Deviation up slightly across then back and forth and whoopdedoo down to the junction.  Dropped into Spurious for a nice couple of technical hardware features, dropping all the way down to Upper Crust.  Clambering up here again, where I encountered a young guy on a 'leckie (grrrrr, lazy f'ck'n f'ck, grrmble).

I bombed down the top half of C2, testing the new bypass down in here, then, scattering a few walkers, dropped into Mish-Mash at a cracking pace, sliding in the dust, then getting confused a little by the drop-overs near the bottom, dropped, jumped, then left, and right, I hit Upload, steep wee grunter (from the top, spotting the two girls again in the valley below), then I climbed up the steep wee grunty corners in the start of the OG Crocodile and on up to the Coopers/Spurious/Deviation junction.

Here, the young 'leckie guy rolls through into Spurious so I follow and he drops over to Upper Crust to power lazily up, while I muddled about then headed up the entrance of C2 and out down through the dog park, finding the two girls at their car.

Effectively an hour's ride, with a surprisingly peasly little 287 m climbed in a subordinate 9.7 kms...

No comments: