Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Easter Monday Jet Car Crash

Yesterday, Easter Monday, T and me were out with Jet, short jaunt round the 'hood.  I was on the Rocky Mountain for the comfort of the travel and dropperpost for ease of on and off, and we'd run him down Windemere, around into St James Ave.  Up past the cul de sac to the railtrail he had lagged behind a bit, and I spotted a dog over the road, on lead, walking, then heard a car, and the thought in my head was 'hope he doesn't run out infront of that car', I looked back to check on him and then heard it.  BANG, yelp!, then sort of a scraping sound as the car slowed to a stop.  I was thinking 'he's caught under the front and smeared down the road.  We've got a dead dog'.  I think I swore and said, "stupid f'ing dog!"  but was heartbroken riding to the car as the lady got out, "did he get caught under the front" and she was no, and then there is T. on the berm, with Jet standing wagging his tail next to her.  The lady's car had a massive dent in the front guard panel ahead of the front left wheel.

Jet had scrapes on him and we were all in shock.  I rode home, got the car (with rack for T's bike), drove back, and we got driving, heading for home but got the 24hour vet on the phone and they said come straight in.  They checked him out and he was fine!  Amazing.

Addendum, double checked at our own Vet on Tuesday morning (already had an appointment for an ear thing) and he checked out fine.  He was a little slow and obviously sore for about a day, then totally back to normal.  Our insurance is covering the car damage, and it's a 0$ excess claim,which is pretty sweet (a Liability for Damage to another's property, on our house and contents).

No comments: