Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Level 3's deathrows, Tuesday and Wednesday

Yesterday, Tuesday, morning H had bought a game on Trademe, so him, Hayles and me rode to get it.  Direct shot down to Merivale.  I let them ride home themselves, and detoured to collect some flour I needed from the Merivale Fresh Choice, and managed to see some beers I'd not had before, so collected them too.  A 9 km round trip.

Later, T and me cruised around the local loop of the parks with the doglet.

Showing off my spokes (laced years ago), this bike's been rocking this wheel like this for a long time.  It's, in my opinion, the best 'weird' pattern you can do with the spokes you've got, same length as a 3-cross.


The 'used' spokes are quite old, and the wheel is a little flexy.  I tried to dub someone on the handlebars one time and the wheel sounded like it was gonna cave in - it complained a lot, so the person didn't get a ride.

This morning I did a 1 km lap of the Condell Aorangi Hudson Wallace block with the dog.  Would have done longer, but forgot to take a bag, so dragged home the last couple of stretches cos I could just see he was gonna take a dump...

No comments: